Ree: Kernel developers' position on GPLv3

Ottavio Caruso pr0f3ss0r1492 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 24 11:57:25 UTC 2006

A few people wrote:
>  Their moto (sic!), inspired by their leader, is >
>"Ideology
> sucks".

But ideology really sucks!
What has ideology got to do with Freedom.
I might not entirely agree with the OSI, but the way
many
people at the FSF intend freedom is very patronizing.

I don't want to be told what freedom is, I'm old and
mature enough to know it already.

An active participant to this mailing list and
representative of the FSFE once said the FSF is full
of nutcases. Well, it might show up in such
circumstances and won't buy me into your arguments.

Having said that, I think the position of the Linux
kernel developers is pathetic; if you don't like that
license, don't use it and shut up. I don't see any
incompatibilities between the kernel and the user
space.

Ottavio Caruso