[potentially OT] UN resolutions in opaque PDF format

Andreas K. Foerster list at AKFoerster.de
Tue Oct 31 10:06:40 UTC 2006

Am Dienstag, dem 31. Okt 2006 schrieb Alessandro Rubini:

> > I am not sure, whether I really understand, what your problem is.
>
> He said it's a problem of accessibility. Some people out here have
> special media to access information: while ascii is managed by all of
> them, images are sometimes offlimits.  Good pdf documents can be
> converted to text, but he's reporting that UN directives are images.
>
> While not a free-software problem, I agree we have a problem here.
> And I appreciate the politeness of mr. Alvarez in his choice of the
> email subject.

I could imagine, that they do it deliberately, to make it harder to
manipulate that documents. Maybe there are even invisible watermarks,
or things like that.

Remember, that are not just informational texts, but important
documents!

--
AKFoerster