[yavor at doganov.org: Re: Defining Free Software Business]

Sam Liddicott sam at liddicott.com
Tue Jun 27 12:35:39 UTC 2006

Kaloian Doganov wrote:
> 	> In our Free World there is no place for non-free software.  We will
>
> 	The first technical moves of the FSF was to implement an libre editor, and
> 	libre compiler on top of a proprietary operating system (UNIX). The goal
> 	was to replace it, piece by piece.
>
> 	If the people at the FSF had been so strict at that time, the GNU
> 	Project and the FSF would not exist today.
>
> Yes, GNU Project used prison's facilities to escape from the prison (and
> to free all innocent prisoners).  The dependant (software and people)
> was made independend by this act.  This does not give one an argument to
> make someone else dependent again, just the opposite.

Some people may delay their own exit from the prison in order to help
even more people escape.
The prison analogy presume that everyone wants to break out.

As others have pointed out, some might want to use the prison gateway as
a temporary shelter till they can get a cover on their horse-cart (or
even wait until their horse gives birth a few times (more horses).

Sam