Defining Free Software Business

Alfred M. Szmidt ams at gnu.org
Tue Jun 27 09:32:46 UTC 2006

   > Since these companies will be listed as GBN friendly companies

   I enumerated three categories: "free", "free but depends on
   non-free", "non-free". Which of those categories are you saying
   "will be listed as GBN friendly companies"?

All of them I'd say.  Unless I misunderstand what the categories are
about.  If you have categories, you wish to label a set according to
those categories.  So in this case, the GBN would include a list of
companies that `depend on non-free software', and `do non-free
software'.  And in turn, it would list companies that `depend on
non-free software', and `do non-free software'.

Basically, since they are listed by the GBN, then they are GBN
friendly.  That they have a tag beside them doesn't change the fact in
my opinion.

Or did I misunderstand you completely with what you intended these
categories to be used for?