Please let the mailing list software do its job (was: Re: Defining Free Software Business)

Ben Finney ben at benfinney.id.au
Tue Jun 27 03:35:42 UTC 2006

On 27-Jun-2006, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
>    [Please don't send me copies of messages to the list.]
>
> Sorry, but I can't keep track of who is or isn't subscribed to this
> list.  It is normal practise to always CC everyone.

On a mailing list, which uses software for the explicit purpose of
sending a copy to everyone, Cc to the participants is certainly *not*
normal practise.

It's normal practise to let the mailing list software do that job, and
assume people are subscribed to the list for discussions in which they
participate.

--
 \        "I bought a dog the other day. I named him Stay. It's fun to |
  `\     call him. 'Come here, Stay! Come here, Stay!' He went insane. |