Documentation vs. Software (Re: Savannah rejects a project because it uses GPL)

Alessandro Rubini rubini at gnudd.com
Thu Feb 16 20:31:24 UTC 2006

> Yes, since the output is static.  The output of a program isn't.

Then a program to generate the prime numbers or calulate
the digits of pi or whatever similar is documentation.

I think this is getting boring, although some interesting point have
been made in the past days. Actually, you agreed to disagree a few
days ago, why don't we just stick to that and let this thread rest in
peace?

Same about debian and non-free: everyone can demonstrate anything in
good faith, but it's still an opinion. You can say that debian is
non-free, but don't pretend to convince the others (and the same
applies to the other side, as you and those sharing your opinion can't
be convinced).

/alessandro