Savannah rejects a project because it uses GPL

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri Feb 10 16:25:18 UTC 2006

"Alfred M\. Szmidt" <ams at gnu.org>
> >  Sadly, this isn't baseless: Savannah rejected a project because it
> >  used the GPL, rather than a GPL-incompatible licence.
>
> It is baseless, you have no clue about why it was rejected other than
> a couple of messages.  Please, once again, stop making these baseless
> accusations.

It's not baseless. Those messages and the deleted blog are the
base. The base isn't as large as it could be, but the base is:

"On the other hand the official statement of Savannah is still:
If you don't like the GNU FDL and would like to follow Debian's
point of view, hey, do so, we don't care.

"At least you should use the GNU FDL for your documentation, and
if you would like then use the GNU GPL, too. This is what is meant
by "dual-licensing" - and this is what we accept in our policy, too.

"So if you would like release your documentation under the GNU FDL
and GNU GPL. (but only GNU GPL is what we don't allow)."

If you believe that isn't base, then you'd probably believe that
black is white and I'd look forward to your next zebra crossing!

Please stop making baseless refutations and either go back
to suggesting actions or stop posting.

--
MJ Ray - personal email, see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/email.html
Work: http://www.ttllp.co.uk/  irc.oftc.net/slef  Jabber/SIP ask