this needs wide distribution

Xavi Drudis Ferran xdrudis at tinet.cat
Fri Dec 22 10:03:03 UTC 2006

> Sex, 2006-12-22 Ã s 10:31 +0100, Xavi Drudis Ferran escreveu:
>> > Ter, 2006-12-12 Ã s 09:36 +0000, Alex Hudson escreveu:

> If you notice, I said "reject this backstage deal".

Then I must beg your pardon but I thought "this backstage deal"
meant an arragement between Novell and MS to develop and
distribute an extension to OpenOffice.org that will export OXML
files from ODF documents. I'd like you to elaborate what did you
mean by backstage deal.

> There's no need for this "backstage deal" in order for OO.o to support
> OpenXML. This was a deal which has had already achieved enormous
> success:

Now, I'm completely lost. So you think it would be good if OO.o was
able to export to OpenXML as long as it wasn't MS who payed for it ?
Or are you talking some other functionality?. I guess you mean OpenXML
_import_ into OO.o ? But not far in this thread this was said to be
unfeasible, and from what I hear I think it is unfeasible, since
completely importing OpenXML documents would mean implementing all
MS Offisce and most MS Windows functionality with possibly third party
add ons.

> 	LOOK HOW WE'RE FIGHTING EACH OTHER OVER THIS SUBJECT!

Are we ? . At least it's not my intention. I'm still in the phase
of trying to understand you, since it seems I didn't. Once I understand
I may give opinion on your opinion or not. Fighting you seems unnecessary.
I'd be surprised if you ever became any form of threat after being
helpful all along. But I'd like not to happen to me, that's why I'm
listening.