.EU domain

Jeroen Dekkers jeroen at vrijschrift.org
Thu Apr 13 10:18:16 UTC 2006

At Thu, 13 Apr 2006 10:41:11 +0100,
Gareth Bowker wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 10:27:44PM +0100, Shane M. Coughlan wrote:
> > Hi guys
> >
> > Did the FSFE get the FSF.eu domain?
>
> No, someone got to it 5m10s before us!
>
> I just discovered whois.eu in order to check any .eu domains to see who
> got them. It gives the exact time that companies' registrars submitted
> the requests.

It says there that the FSFE didn't deliver documentary evidence that
they have rights to this mark. Which is pretty stupid, given that the
person who got it before us registered the mark "FSF" 1 day before
registering the domain fsf.eu [1]. I think it shouldn't have been that
difficult to make the claim that the FSFE has a lot more rights to the
domain name.

[1] http://register.bmb-bbm.org/bmbonline/details/trademark/show.do?markNumberType=APP&markNumber=1103175&markID=2071001

Jeroen Dekkers