.EU domain

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sat Apr 15 14:48:08 UTC 2006

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 12:18:16 +0200, Jeroen Dekkers said:

> It says there that the FSFE didn't deliver documentary evidence that
> they have rights to this mark. Which is pretty stupid, given that the

We tried to deliver the documents despite what our registrar told us.

There was actually no way to get a domain during the sunrise phase for
a German "Verein".  Further our name, according to the registration of
our "Verein", is "Free Software Foundation Europe e.V." and nut just
"FSF" - thus it does not even match the domain we applied for and that
is another kick out reasons.

If the ICANN eventually weirder than they are already, we should setup
our own .fs or .gnu TLD and manage that namespace within the
community.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner