FLOSS/Linux Political Party

Sid Dabster sid_dabster at yahoo.ca
Thu Mar 3 19:01:20 UTC 2005

--- NSK <nsk2 at wikinerds.org> wrote:
> On Thursday 03 March 2005 02:36, Sid Dabster wrote:
> > *** Proposal for a FLOSS/Linux Political Party ***
>
> I like your idea.

Thanks

> >      Anti-Microsoft
>
> No, this is not a good idea. I wouldn't support an
> anti-M$ party, not because
> I love M$ (I don't), but because I would prefer
> pro-enduser policies instead
> of anti-anything rhetoric. A political party
> specifically being anti-M$ would
> draw too much attention by lawyers etc, so it
> wouldn't survive for too long.

Lawyers will not cause any problems, in the London
parliament politicians are above libel laws.
What could I say that M$ would object to, I have a
message for Microsoft I dare you to sue me. Today
I looked at a magazine (called SAM Revival) which
mentioned a game called Bill Boxing the authors of
which have not been attack by M$. If M$ really did
sue, I know they must be afraid of us and that it
would be a big public relations disaster for them
like McLibel was for McDonalds.

> Will the political party you suggest be
> international or focused only in a
> specific region/country?