Copyright T-Shirt

Ricardo Andere de Mello gandhi at quilombodigital.org
Tue May 11 21:03:24 UTC 2004

Niall Douglas wrote:

>On 11 May 2004 at 18:09, João Miguel Neves wrote:
>

>>Yes, I've thought about it and I haven't found anything better. If you
>>got to any other conclusion, I'd love to hear about it.
>>

>What about a system whereby all zero-copy cost human output is
>recompensed via general taxation? I include books, music, video (all
>television), software, blueprints, designs etc.
>
>Everyone puts their work on some high capacity central servers which
>are available to all citizens who create an account on the servers.
>Each copy downloaded increments a counter for the thing downloaded.

There's a little problem with this idea. the minorities. For me this
idea is just an improved copyright.
Why should I make something to a minority, like blind people, if I can
make something to a larger audience to gain a lot more money?
Why not distribute the money "equally"? People would just do what they
want, simply because they would have the money to do it.
Do you really think that someone that does something for a larger
audience deserves more money than other that does something for
minorities?  Aren't we (free software  guys) a minority now? Our
audience is small compared to windows audience, windows programmers
should gain more than we?

[]s, gandhi

--
Ricardo Andere de Mello