Ownership in Software

Seth Johnson seth.johnson at realmeasures.dyndns.org
Thu Apr 22 00:56:19 UTC 2004

Axel Schulz wrote:

> Hej!
>
> Believe it or not I just looked into a book before I get crazy here ;-)
> And now I am certain. A famous professor in this field talks exclusively
> about "ownership".
>
> But what you explain to me is so sound!!! Now I am completely confused.
> I recognized already  that the understanding of ownership differs between
> you (the list members) and  me.

It will become clearer and clearer as the tide turns, and all the sheep on
our side will finally recognize that only principle will stand against the
forces trying to screw things for the rest of us in the area of exclusive
rights policy.  Richard Stallman is the single most important part of the
information freedom movement, because he has been a rock, staking out the
correct principles for twenty years.

That turn in the tide is very likely to be happening very soon.  I predict
that the opening up of the discourse regarding software patents which has
recently been accomplished in the EU by ffii and others, will be the
floodgate for the change.

Seth

--

DRM is Theft!  We are the Stakeholders!

New Yorkers for Fair Use
http://www.nyfairuse.org

I reserve no rights restricting copying, modification or distribution of
this incidentally recorded communication.  Original authorship should be
attributed reasonably, but only so far as such an expectation might hold for
usual practice in ordinary social discourse to which one holds no claim of
exclusive rights.