BitKeeper licence critic

Florian Weimer Weimer at CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
Sun Mar 10 16:18:01 UTC 2002

Joerg Schilling <schilling at fokus.gmd.de> writes:

> It seems that here are even people who refuse to read the POSIX
> standard because it may become non-free in the future.

The POSIX standard has never been free, AFAIK.

The current online copy available at no cost is not very suitable for
reference purposes as it does not include section numbers, and because
it is non-free, we cannot just add them.

> When I am doing my work, I choose the best combination of programs -
> while I prefer free software if available _and_ if the free software
> is standard compliant.

So you use X.400 for mail?  Wow.

In any case, freedom is more important than advancement of technology.

--
Florian Weimer 	                  Weimer at CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
University of Stuttgart           http://CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE/people/fw/