BitKeeper licence critic

Florian Weimer Weimer at CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
Thu Mar 7 22:15:58 UTC 2002

Jeroen Dekkers <jeroen at dekkers.cx> writes:

> There is a very *big* difference between having a way to test your
> work and limiting someone's freedom to change and distribute the
> program. A lot of free software comes with tests without restricting
> developers.

An alternative approache is requiring renaming if the regression test
suite does not pass.  I think TeX does that.

--
Florian Weimer 	                  Weimer at CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
University of Stuttgart           http://CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE/people/fw/