BitKeeper licence critic

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Mar 7 18:52:38 UTC 2002

On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 04:19:57PM +0100, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> >From: Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de>
>
> >What do you say to the other problems Mr. Moffitt described,
> >like the termination for support costs or the powerful possibility=20
> >to restict any user through adaptations of the regression rules?
>
> I don't know what you refer to....

The problems Mr. Moffitt describes in the article
this thread was started with.

> If you mean the fat that if you change BK, you need to pass the regression
> test; this is a useful idea.

I mean the abuse potential of this, check Mr. Moffitt's critic about this.

Then there there is a clause for termination when you
create too much support costs. Thus if you report too many grave bugs,
you might end up with a terminated license for bitkeeper.

Do you think this is a reasonable license to accept?