Study and Survey about Free/Libre Software - FLOSS founded

Loic Dachary loic at gnu.org
Mon Jul 15 13:04:56 UTC 2002

Georg C. F. Greve writes:

 > I seem to remember some discussion about this study on this list in
 > the past and I believe the recommendation was to not participate in or
 > refer to this study in any way because its basis was too flawed to
 > expect anything useful coming out of it.

	I first met the man responsible for this study in March or
February 2001 at an IDA meeting. I encouraged him to get in touch with
the community, and publicly raised the fact that the community should
be involved during the IDA meeting. The effect was null.

	A few months later we (Free Software friends) all discussed of
what should be done. RMS advice was to raise the attention of the public.
However, noone (including me ;-) had courage and dedication to invest and
we forgot about the subject.

	Cheers,

Loic   Dachary         http://www.dachary.org/  loic at dachary.org
12 bd  Magenta         http://www.senga.org/      loic at senga.org