Study and Survey about Free/Libre Software - FLOSS founded

Georg C. F. Greve greve at fsfeurope.org
Mon Jul 15 09:33:18 UTC 2002

 || On Sun, 14 Jul 2002 22:24:11 GMT
 || MJ Ray <markj at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

 mr> Given their bad definition of the term "free software" as open
 mr> source software that normally prohibits commercial sale,

Do they really make such a horrible mistake? They seem to have close
to zero knowledge about the matter then.

 mr> I doubt FSFE have been involved.

The FSF Europe indeed has nothing to do with this study.

I seem to remember some discussion about this study on this list in
the past and I believe the recommendation was to not participate in or
refer to this study in any way because its basis was too flawed to
expect anything useful coming out of it.

Regards,
Georg

--
Georg C. F. Greve                                 <greve at fsfeurope.org>