Bitkeeper in Linuxdevelopment :(

Jeroen Dekkers jeroen at dekkers.cx
Wed Feb 6 16:42:23 UTC 2002

On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 05:00:50PM +0100, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> From lwn.net/daily today:
>
> |  Linus, meanwhile, is moving on with 2.5.4-pre1. This is the first
> | patch that Linus has produced with Bitkeeper,
>
> It somehow worries me, that non-free software now is at the core
> of the prominent Free Software kernel linux.

Just another argument for using/developing the Hurd. :))

> The Free Software community has to be alert.
> Its vision, the ability  to do any task needed
> completly with Free Software has to be worked for.

The development of the Hurd only uses free software. We only don't
have enough manpower, that's why the Hurd isn't ready for a production
environment yet. For more information see http://hurd.gnu.org/.

Jeroen Dekkers
Jabber supporter - http://www.jabber.org Jabber ID: jdekkers at jabber.org
Debian GNU supporter - http://www.debian.org http://www.gnu.org