My alternative busines model

MJ Ray markj at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Dec 9 12:12:17 UTC 2002

Niall Douglas <s_fsfeurope at nedprod.com> wrote:
> Yep, this is more or less what I meant. Capitalism tends towards
> monopolies and we have artificial constraints to try and prevent them
> eg; anti-trust law.

No, monopolies are a breach of the underlying principles of capitalism.  One
of them is that there is a marketplace that includes competing suppliers of
equivalent products. (I'm fairly sure of that one. When my wife returns, I
can probably get her to remind me of the others.) In monopoly and oligopoly
situations, this is clearly not the case.