FSF->beards(); FSF->female_participants();

Kim Bruning (seperate for lists) kim2 at bruning.demon.nl
Thu May 10 11:43:50 UTC 2001

void FSF::beards() {

  Some people here have been making remarks about bearded programmers. I
  just want to point out that *hey* I resemble that remark! I feel
  somewhat discriminated now. ;-)

  If it weren't for a certain bearded programmer, there would *be* no FSF
  in the first place. :-P
}

void FSF::female_participants() {

  As to the female programmer bit:

  I would like to point out that the worlds very first hacker was Ada
  Byron(Lady Lovelace). She *invented* programming.

  Another important person was Grace Hopper. She did stuff to make COBOL
  possible. However, since it's still used today, she must have done
  something right.

  I also somehow seem to remember that originally most programmers were
  female (and the engineers building the machines were male), but that
  could just be a hallucination on my part.

  In any case, this does seem to indicate that woman should definately be
  able to programme. I would think that this should be *especially* true
  in the case of Free Software, where intuition, communication, and social
  skills are very important.

  So why aren't there more female free software programmers?
}

read you soon,
	K. Bruning.

Nice code, but why all those commas and brackets?