Logo again.

Eneko Lacunza enlar at iname.com
Wed Mar 21 18:16:10 UTC 2001

Hello again!

In mi‚rcoles 21 de Marzo de 2001 at 10:25, home at alexhudson.com wrote to
FSFE-Discussion:

 > 1. FSFE is not strong enough to hold it's own identity right now, and
 > the GNU + stars combination will speak volumes about the organisation.
 > GNU + stars is the best logo, at least for now.
 > OR
 > 2. FSFE needs a professional image, right from the get go, and we need
 > to promote ourselves such that our new logo becomes as synonymous with
 > FSFE as the GNU is with the FSF. We don't want to change later, let's
 > get it right now.

    Having to choose, I think that the one with the best long-run should do
better, so I'll choose the second one.

    I know FSF Europe hasn't right now much power (look at me, I just readed
in an spanish email-mag what was happening!) but I think it's a matter of
time and not of Logo. FSF Europe will get more recognized and supported not
by it's logo, but by THE WORK its formers will do (specially inside the Free
Software community). And a well designed logo will help promote the Free
Software soul outside its "environment", what I think would be invaluable.

    Anyway, I think that Gnu + stars should do very well, except for it's
lack of good design (so some promotion problems will eventually come).

    The most important thing is, that we put all our efforts in its
promotion when it has been chosen. No logo is perfect, so there'll be
problems to solve anyway. 8)

Regards,

Eneko Lacunza
Enlar/RgB & SoS

... What is Linux? The control of your machine on your hands.

enlar at iname.com
http://www.euskalnet.net/enlar