Logo again.

Claus Färber list-fsf-eu-discussion at faerber.muc.de
Mon Mar 19 19:02:00 UTC 2001

Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de> schrieb/wrote:
> The FSFE needs a professional logo.  We need your help.

> Most of the core group are quite busy fighting and organising
> the fight for free software. So we need your support.

Well, I think that the logo of a Free Software Foundation Europe
needs to be a combination of a symbol for the FSF and one of
Europe.

*The* symbol of the FSF is certainly the GNU's head.

The best symbol for Europe *is* the ring of 12 stars, which is
used in the flag adopted by both the European Union and the
Council of Europe, of which all 41 European states are a member.

I have composed some images:

http://www.faerber.muc.de/temp/20010319-fsf-eu.html

Unlike another proposal, the GNU's head is not put inside the
stars but on top of it, which makes the logo more compact.

Claus
--
http://www.faerber.muc.de