gnu.fsf.europe.* newsgroups

Karin Kosina kyrah at gnu.org
Wed Jul 4 20:40:35 UTC 2001

On Wed, Jul 04, 2001 at 09:10:40PM +0100 or thereabouts, Imran Ghory wrote:

> On 26 Jun 2001, at 1:00, Karin Kosina wrote:
>
> > (3) Is there anybody who would be willing and able to manage that?=20
> >     (I personally really don't have a clue about Usenet...)
>
> If it's a question of creating the newsgroups and managing the
> hierarchy I probably know enough to be able to do that

Great! I would say, you have the job :). (This is your last chance to say
no... ;))

Bradley (M. Kuhn, of the FSF) thinks that it would be good if we also
managed the rest of gnu.* while we're at it (since there are only a few
groups, and no-one really does it at the moment)... would you mind?

By the way, you don't happen to come to Stuttgart this weekend? :)

> However I've no idea about gating newsgroups to mailing lists.
I guess we can find out about that :)

Regards,                                     gpg - public key 0x1FE281EB
    Karin "kyrah" Kosina                                http://kyrah.net
                                                    http://the.system.at
In the beginning was the word, and the word was content-type: text/plain

[ please sign the petition against software patents at ]
[ http://petition.eurolinux.org  ]