call for comments : law proposition

Josef Dalcolmo dalcolmo at vh-s.de
Tue Dec 11 09:19:31 UTC 2001

raphaello-mouse at altern.org said:
> E' autorizzata la spesa di 500 milioni per ...

The proposed law does introduce a lot of good ideas, however I wonder if it is
wise to package them all together, and to even tie an expenditure to it. Could
it not be that the law gets rejected precisely because of this expenditure?

The law does not only introduce "Free software" as a new legal term, and as an
exception to the abominable Italian SIAE law, but also forces public offices
to use preferentially free software, to introduce it into the classroom etc.
These are multiple requests at once. Perhaps that is the way things work in
Italy - I am not familiar with that.

Apart from this caution, this is a great move, I hope the law will pass!

P.S.: the Italian accented characters are not displayed properly
(charset=iso-8859-1).

- Josef