NDA's

Joerg Schilling schilling at fokus.gmd.de
Fri Aug 31 10:23:18 UTC 2001

>From: John Peter Tapsell <tapselj0 at cs.man.ac.uk>
>> So it really depends on the scope of the NDA and it should definitely
>> expire at an appropriate time.

>Doh!
>All this time I hadn't found a way to integrate NDA's with my OS coding- I had
>never thought of getting them to expire :)

Before I sign a NDA, I make sure that the other party knows what I am going to
use the requested information for.

If the NDA document does not limit the NDA to exactly the papers I will receive,
I sign the NDA with an addition: "will be used to implement parts for the
Open Source program cdrecord".

If the other party then hands out information, they cannot sue you for making
Open Surce software out of it.

Jörg

       js at cs.tu-berlin.de		(uni)  If you don't have iso-8859-1
       schilling at fokus.gmd.de		(work) chars I am J"org Schilling