glibc 2.2.4 Release Notes

smaffulli at inwind.it smaffulli at inwind.it
Tue Aug 21 07:44:49 UTC 2001

Werner:
> I guess he had some bad days and didn't thought when he started that
> flamefest.

It seems to me that other people are having bad days lately:
this is ESR with his usual rants on how the word "freedom" (notice: not only in software, but in general terms) means too much and is too little clear; ESR's solution is not to use it, ever. He also puts an incredible quantity of FUD in this article: did you ever hear Kuhn or RMS asking for a law banning non-free licenses?? Shall FSF(x) reply?
http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2001-08-17-016-20-OP-CY

This is Ransom Love trying to re-re-re-talk about his words on GPL. This is the sentence that make the article worth reading, IMHO: "So, I think in many ways Microsoft is validating a lot of the things that Caldera has said. " Like that is a good point.
http://www.consultingtimes.com/LovePub.htm

I better go back studying phylosophy, I like "freedom" as a word, I think we need it. Hundreds of phylosophers over centuries have speculated over it, who is now this ESR that proposes a new word (again) to identify something that HE cannot define/understand?
bah, better go back to work

regards

stefano maffulli aka reed_