an IRC channel

Alessandro Rubini rubini at pop.systemy.it
Fri Dec 1 15:17:50 UTC 2000

(I'm reposting from the address I used in subscribing, mr. moderator,
please reject my previous message waiting for approval)

> What about an IRC channel where we could discuss in real-time?

No, thanks. This requires people being online and leaves no written
record.  IRC is not for serious discussion or serious people, in my
opinion.

I have my (free software) work to accomplish and can't be diverted by
an IRC line. I suspect there's a lot of people in my situation, and a
lot with no fixed connection to the net nor acceptable phone rates.

/alessandro