WIPO Copyright Treaty - Worldwide DMCA (was: European DMCA)

home at alexhudson.com home at alexhudson.com
Tue Aug 7 12:21:32 UTC 2001

On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 01:56:16PM +0200, Alessandro Rubini wrote:
> Actually, "intellectual property" is a buzzword. There is no "IP law"
> to my knowledge, but there are laws about copyright, patents,
> trademarks.

Well, certainly in the UK, there are laws passed pertaining to 'Intellectual
Property' - that is the umbrella under which the things you mention fit. For
example, finance bills often refer to Intellectual Property. White papers
have been published on the intellectual property system ("Our competitive
future: Building the knowledge drived economy" , 1998, for example).

Certainly it is applicable to talk of Intellectual Property, at least in the
UK, because it has meaningful legal connotations.

Cheers,

Alex.