[FSFE Zurich] PubliCom: status quo

Ralf Hersel ralf.hersel at rum3ber.ch
Mi Mai 4 19:27:59 UTC 2022

Dear Team

First of all, I would like to thank you for your feedback and ideas. It seems
like we are working on the right campaign at the right time. Where do we stand?

The Activity Summary seems to be fine so far. At least there were no big
requests for changes.

When it comes to the name of the campaign, it's like a pizza, the first choice
is often the best choice. "Public Communication" expresses what it is all about:
the communication of authorities with the public. We should use the same name
for the domain: publiccommunication.eu

We should leave the logo to a designer. I wouldn't use a mammoth in the logo, so
we don't limit ourselves too much. Here you can find some ideas:
https://editor.freelogodesign.org/de?companyName=Public%20Communication&category=9

For the website Max has promised his support, but he can't develop it himself.
We are still looking for someone who would like to create the site with Hugo.

For the open letter there are several drafts. We haven't found the final version
yet. I have a question about this: should FSFE send the letters to authorities
(ministries), or the community, or both?

There were also some questions about the addressees and the breadth of the
campaign. I see this as staggered. First, top federal agencies (ministries) are
the focus, as well as microblogging (Mastodon). In a later phase of the
campaign, other agencies and organizations can be targeted. Because of the
momentum (Twitter/Elon Musk) we focus on Mastodon and in later phases on other
Fediverse services.

Best regards,
Ralf

--
Ralf Hersel
Free Software Foundation Europe - Lokalgruppe Zürich

Phone: +41 76 507 83 53
Email: ralf.hersel at rum3ber.ch | Chat: https://matrix.to/#/@ralfhersel:fsfe.org
Fingerabdruck: 7D2D D7F3 AA3E 9332 3A5A 2727 762E 84E3 9A4B C5BB
Download Public Key at: https://keys.openpgp.org/search?q=ralf.hersel@rum3ber.ch