[FSFE Zurich] Fwd: Re: turning local group's website to multi-language

Max Mehl max.mehl at fsfe.org
Mi Jan 26 10:30:07 UTC 2022

~ Ralf Hersel [2022-01-24 22:39 +0100]:
> The translation is not the issue. It is rather turning the Hugo template to
> multilingual, where Max already provided a pull request. What is missing, is a
> language chooser. Max, please correct me, if I'm wrong.

I think there are three distinctive tasks:

1. Translate the content, which is mainly the .md files and the few
   strings in config.toml.
2. Add new languages in config.toml. My pull request shows that this is
   simple.
3. Create a language switcher. You can see on publiccode.eu how I did it
   once, but there may be more elegant solutions. The snippet I pasted
   in the PR basically just creates a list of available languages
   (configured in config.toml), now it's about placement, styling etc.

Best,
Max

--
Max Mehl - Programme Manager - Free Software Foundation Europe
Contact and information: https://fsfe.org/about/mehl | @mxmehl