[FSFE Zurich] International coalition on education

Nico Rikken nico.rikken at fsfe.org
Do Aug 25 11:40:52 UTC 2022

Hi FSFE Zürich team,

It has been almost a year since I joined your Stammtisch on the 9th of
September a year ago to learn about your experiences with 'Lernen wie
die Profis'. https://wiki.fsfe.org/Events/Zurich/2021-09-09

In the mean time our Dutch community has steadily making progress:
- We formalized the coaltion and launched a petition:
https://fsfe.org/news/2022/news-20220520-01.en.html
- The group presented already twice on the efforts, the most resent one
at MCH Hacker Camp:
https://media.ccc.de/v/mch2022-314-free-children-from-the-digital-stranglehold

Yesterday evening we had a videocall with representatives of other
international organizations on the topic of education IT:
- https://epicenter.works/https://cyber4edu.org/c4e/wiki/doku.php
- https://unsere-digitale.schule/

We agreed to stay in touch to share solutions and experiences to
strengthen each others efforts. From the NL coalition we'll probably
send a representative to that online meeting as it would be too much of
a burden on the team if everybody would be expected to join.

And of course I really hope you might be up for this as well, to have
somebody join this effort and to relay from and to the Lernen wie die
Profis effort.

If you are up for this, please send me the email addresses I should
include in the invites for these international meetings.

The first of these meetings will be the 28th of September.
We created an international Matrix channel this morning to communicate:
https://matrix.to/#/#EU_CFDE:matrix.org

Let me list the communication channels of our Dutch group as well: