[Fellowship Zurich] Agenda du libre suisse / Freie Termine Schweiz

Reinhard Müller reinhard at fsfe.org
Mi Mär 23 08:01:57 UTC 2011

Hi, François,

I'm including zurich at lists.fsfe.org since our calendar is a project of
the Fellowship group and I would like to involve everybody in the
discussion.

Am Sonntag, den 20.03.2011, 22:00 +0100 schrieb François Bianco:
> Salut à tous,
>
> Since I am not sure everybody speaks French and German, let's use English. I
> would like to connect your two websites, which are aiming for the same goals
> (providing a list of events related to free software), just for different
> countries. The "Agenda du Libre" is for France, whereas "Freie Termine" for
> Switzerland. My suggestion is to add a sub-domain http://ch.agendadulibre.org
> which points towards "Freie Termine" and add links to agenda du libre on Freie
> Termine.

This would be ok with me.

> Salut l'équipe de l'agenda du libre,
>
> L'équipe de la FSFE en Suisse à mis en place un calendrier libre pour la
> Suisse sous http://freie-termine.ch, je voudrais savoir si vous pourriez faire
> pointer l'URL http://ch.agendadulibre.org vers cette page.
>
> Hallo Marcus und Reinhard,
>
> Könnt Ihr auf der Seite von Freie Termine die Übersetzung "Agenda du Libre" im
> Titel hinzufügen.

If we all agree with the plan, we would probably use "Agenda du Libre"
as the title in the French version instead of "Freie Termine".

> Wäre es auch möglich, dass PHP iCalendar die Sprache selbst von den
> Browsersprache auswählt ? So wäre ohne grosse Aufwand das Kalender
> auch für die Romandie verfügbar.

Currently PHPiCalendar does not honor the browser language setting. I
have no idea how hard it would be to implement this.

I have little experience with the way things like this are handled in
Switzerland: would it be preferred to have a shared calendar for all of
Switzerland, or would it make more sense to have a separate calendar for
the French speaking part?

Also, for the sake of avoiding misunderstandings: are you aware that
freie-termine.ch merely aggregates existing iCal feeds?

> Wäre es auch möglich irgendwo die Website von "Agenda du libre" zu
> verlinken ?

I think linking back and forth with agendadulibre.org (or with
ch.agendadulibre.org if we decide to make a separate calendar for the
French speaking part of Switzerland) is a good idea in any case.

> Best regards,
> François Bianco

What would others think about all this?
What's the opinion of the agendadulibre people?

Thanks,
Reinhard