[Fellowship Zurich] report of the last fellowship meeting

Benjamin Morant morant at fsfeurope.org
Mo Okt 13 10:43:12 UTC 2008

Hi all, I hope you're doing well !

On the 10th of October we were 5 people . Graeme, the new FSFE intern in
Zürich, and Thomas, a new fellow, introduced themselves.
Andreas gave us a paper about the points we discussed during the
meeting. (everyone will receive it soon)
We spoke about the information map. The FSFE would like to have more
contact in the press, in Switzerland and in the EU.
We already have a press-release tracker and a website which presents
what the FSFE do and what its projects are. But it's not enough. But
they're not aimed for journalists. The journalists aren't the same
audience, the same target.
We wondered if the date and the time of the meeting are convenient for
everybody, because it seems that a lot of you can't come. To improve
that, we decided to use "doodle" to determine the next meeting (the link
to doodle will be given soon)
We spoke about the Software Freedom Day. In Vienna, the fellowship
organised a concert (see some reports in the blogs on the fellowship
website www.fsfe.org)
We could make some things for our further actions. What are the next
events ? SFD 2009 and OpenExpo 2009 both in September 2009. Do you have
an idea about some events in which we can go ?
- install parties ( Andrea, what would you think of this idea ?) in
which we can speak about the "free" philosophy while the LUG speaks
about technical aspects of GNU/Linux
- Meeting with the Chaos Computer Club Zürich
- Open Document Day

We can bring some people to our meetings and let them give us a speech.
We can go to schools/universities  to give some speeches  about free
software/free society

the media platform we would like to build would be modular. So every
fellowship group could use that to create its own, specific, media
information.
Spread our thoughts in the media area is the first step to access a
political status.

All in all, this meeting was to consolidate the basis and to think about
the actions we can do.

Thanks a lot for coming !
Don't hesitate to comment this report and to debate/discuss on this
mailing list !

Kind regards,

Ben