[WikiCaretakers] where has the CARE internal-wiki-page been gone?

Erik Albers eal at fsfe.org
Mon Sep 10 13:26:49 UTC 2018

On 07.09.2018 08:04, Max Mehl wrote:
> # Albert Dengg [2018-09-06 16:17 +0200]:
>> On Thu, Sep 06, 2018 at 02:21:25PM +0200, Max Mehl wrote:
>>>   Redirect permanent "/KnowHow/FSFELife/CodeOfConduct" https://fsfe.org/about/codeofconduct
>> the question is if it would not be more obvious to redirect via the
>> wiki itself or is that not possible?
>
> AFAIK it isn't. In the said file, there are also plenty of other
> redirections.
>
>> as for not affecting subpages:
>> this is quite a normal regex matching (if i remeber correctly it's
>> pcre), so you have to explicitly match beginning and or end of line
>> if you don't want to match anything that happens to contain the
>> string somewhere, so in this case
>> ^/KnowHow/FSFELife/CodeOfConduct/*$
>> should work for example (matching with or without the trailing
>> slash(es))
>
> Unfortunately this does not work, I've also tested other syntaxes.
>
> However, it's not that bad. All search engines I've tested no lead to
> the original CoC and therefore a hard redirect isn't necessary any more.
> I've deactivated it, so Erik + CARE is now able to use those pages
> normally again.

ok, easy. I then now removed the complete information on the page to the
following:

All information about the central CARE team has been moved to the FSFE' web
page here:

https://fsfe.org/about/codeofconduct#CARE

Thank you,
   Erik

--
No one shall ever be forced to use non-free software
Erik Albers | Communication & Community Coordinator | FSFE