[WikiCaretakers] where has the CARE internal-wiki-page been gone?

Max Mehl max.mehl at fsfe.org
Fri Sep 7 06:04:27 UTC 2018

# Albert Dengg [2018-09-06 16:17 +0200]:
> On Thu, Sep 06, 2018 at 02:21:25PM +0200, Max Mehl wrote:
>>   Redirect permanent "/KnowHow/FSFELife/CodeOfConduct" https://fsfe.org/about/codeofconduct
> the question is if it would not be more obvious to redirect via the
> wiki itself or is that not possible?

AFAIK it isn't. In the said file, there are also plenty of other
redirections.

> as for not affecting subpages:
> this is quite a normal regex matching (if i remeber correctly it's
> pcre), so you have to explicitly match beginning and or end of line
> if you don't want to match anything that happens to contain the
> string somewhere, so in this case
> ^/KnowHow/FSFELife/CodeOfConduct/*$
> should work for example (matching with or without the trailing
> slash(es))

Unfortunately this does not work, I've also tested other syntaxes.

However, it's not that bad. All search engines I've tested no lead to
the original CoC and therefore a hard redirect isn't necessary any more.
I've deactivated it, so Erik + CARE is now able to use those pages
normally again.

Best,
Max

--
Max Mehl - Program Manager - Free Software Foundation Europe
Contact & information: https://fsfe.org/about/mehl | @mxmehl