[WikiCaretakers] Where to start hacking?

Max Mehl max.mehl at fsfe.org
Wed May 2 10:06:26 CEST 2018

Hi Erik,

# Erik Grun [2018-04-18 12:13 +0200]:
> I am part of the Fellowship Group in Berlin and we want to do
> a hack session, where we want to improve the FSFE website and the wiki
> in general and our personal wiki (and some edu-related) pages in
> particular.

Great, thanks for your interest in helping and sorry for the late reply.

> @all
> Are there any pages, that need improvement, where we should
> take look at?

The Git issue tracker for the main website should contain quite a few
things we could use help with:

  <https://git.fsfe.org/FSFE/fsfe-website/issues>

There is also one for the Wiki but less populated:

  <https://git.fsfe.org/fsfe-wiki/wiki-setup/issues>

If you have questions on individual points, please ask in the respective
issue. This way, all contributors can engage.

> Is there anything that we should keep in mind while working on
> the website?
> Are there things that we should especially avoid?
> Is there anything else, that you'd like to mention?

Erm, not really. But you should read the various docs first if you
never worked with the website before:

  <https://wiki.fsfe.org/Teams/Web>

> @web
> Should we push our changes to the test branch first?

Only if you make large changes. Otherwise, creating a Pull Request is
sufficient. Ideally you tested your changes locally first. A guide on
how to do that can be found linked in the wiki.

Best,
Max

--
Max Mehl - Program Manager - Free Software Foundation Europe
Contact & information: https://fsfe.org/about/mehl | @mxmehl