[WikiCaretakers] Seeking advice on Wiki structure

Johannes Zarl-Zierl jzarl at fsfe.org
Thu Feb 8 22:12:17 CET 2018

Hi Tomás,

On Donnerstag, 8. Februar 2018 15:09:13 CET tomas at tuxteam.de wrote:
> i'm trying to moderate two discussions taking place in the Berlin
> group (one about alternative places/times for our regular meetings,
> the other about possible events where we could be present with a
> booth/talk/whatever) which I would like to back with a wiki page,
> as a complement to the mailing list/real-life discussion.
>
> What would be a "good place" for this kind of information? Somewhere
> below the https://wiki.fsfe.org/LocalGroups/Berlin/ hierarchy?

If it is only/mostly of value to the Berlin group, that's the right place. And
if it becomes relevant to other groups later on, it's always possible to move
things.

Not sure if this applies to you, but one thing that we are doing in Linz (and
I think other groups do it as well) is to have an "Internal" namespace. That
way, you can tweak the ACLs for all internal pages in one place for all sub-
pages (see https://wiki.fsfe.org/LocalGroups/Linz/Internal?action=raw).

> Thanks for any guidance (and thanks for your gardening efforts,
> I have a rough idea that it's a bit of work which no one notices
> while successful :)

You're welcome ;-)

Cheers,
  Johannes