[WikiCaretakers] Slowness?

Mon Oct 30 15:12:33 CET 2017

On October 30, 2017 3:04:07 PM GMT+01:00, Jonas Oberg <jonas at fsfe.org> wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>
>I can't remember if there ever was any conclusion as to why the wiki
>is often so very slow. One contributing factor I remember is that the
>wiki has a flat file structure on disk, which may take time to
>process.
>
>But I'm not sure if that was the only reason. Does anyone remember, and
>more specifically, is there anything we can do about it?

Hi Jonas,

I have noticed the same while we had one of our regular RheinMain meetings. I then thought it might be the slow connection of the meeting room but in general it's sometimes really slow.

I haven't found anything on server side. But I have no idea how the internet connection is shared between all services FSFE provides.

I remember the initial checkout for git fsfe-website took over 4 hours. Well that's my assumption as I left my pc after two hours and it was unchanged slow at 10-200 kilobit/s.

Maybe we should add it to the list of To-do tasks for the fsfe community meeting. Johannes and myself plan to attend.

Kind regards
Thomas