[WikiCaretakers] Wiki slowness

Paul Hänsch paul at fsfe.org
Thu Nov 16 14:50:36 CET 2017

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 02:08:48PM +0100, Jonas Oberg wrote:
> Paul; could you please make this your current priority, to explore why the
> wiki is so slow and what we should do about it?

Okay then!

I already had a first look into it the other day, and my suspicion rests on
some Macros which might generate a lot of load when executed.

Funny thing: I do not experience the lag in everyday use (maybe two or three
seconds max, sometimes when editing a page). Maybe you could keep an eye out
for the pages and actions that immediately lead to larger delays.

And because it was mentioned somewhere else: I do not believe this has to do
with file storage. We only have about one thousand articles and all page
operations happen in small subdirectories.

--
Paul Hänsch                     █▉            Webmaster, System-Hacker
                              █▉█▉█▉