[WikiCaretakers] Intern for (DE) elections

Paul Hänsch paul at fsfe.org
Fri May 19 23:44:59 CEST 2017

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 10:25:40AM +0200, Erik Albers wrote:
> Another thing:
> we somehow should think about a good index or other form of overview
> about the content inside our wiki to not lose information or duplicate
> pages because we are not aware of already existing pages.

That is exactly what we started to do with the original wiki migration and
what we further refined last month. I hope that it shows some effect.

> Using the search-function is not enough I think, because although it
> might work good to find information, you sometimes need to know first
> that a particular information exists before you can search for it.
>
> I therefore propose to have an index-page on
> https://wiki.fsfe.org/Internal/ that lists all subpages. For practical
> reasons it should happen automatically and topically ordered at the same
> time. I can imagine it will not work to achieve both goals in one, but
> how can we come closest to such a solution?

Well, what about the index which is exactly there? I mean at the very place
where you request it. Under the headline "Full list".

(I have just made it a tiny bit more compact, but not much)

--
Paul Hänsch                     █▉            Webmaster, System-Hacker
                              █▉█▉█▉