[WikiCaretakers] Access rights of the Internal/Moderation page

Wed Mar 15 23:12:40 CET 2017

On 03/15/2017 12:47 PM, lusy wrote:
> Dear wiki caretakers,
Dear Lyudmila,

> I was trying to adjust the access rights of the above mentioned wiki
> page[1], so that it is only visible for logged in users. I tried to use
> the "Known" group listed in the MoinMoin documentation[2] and came up
> with the following permissions line I pasted on top of the page:
>
> #acl Team:read,write,delete,revert,admin Known:read,write
This line looks fine on the first impression but on the second I guess
there is something missing. All I could find is a group TeamFSFE with
two members which might fit for what you would like to achieve.

> However, it didn't do the trick: now even users who are not logged in
> have a read access. Moreover, since I haven't added a rule for
> "Group/Team" (and it seems that only "Team" is not equivalent), and I'm
> obviously not part of the "Admin" group, I managed to lock myself out of
> changing the access rights again^^.
That's true. Obviously only an admin can change the permission right
now. Although I am an admin for the mailinglist and member of the
WikiCareTakers Groups I have no admin rights for the wiki (this might
change end of this month)

I get the following message:
You can't change ACLs on this page since you have no admin rights on it!

Other users will be warned until 2017-03-15 23:07:14 that you are
editing this page. Use the Preview button to extend the locking period.

This is reasonable as group 'Known' currently has read,write permission
only.

> Could someone maybe adjust the rights of this page accordingly
> (read/write access for logged in users, full access for team?) or brief
> me how I could do that myself? What is it that I did wrong/misread?
Johannes can change the permission. Sorry, that I tried to do it myself
but failed because of not enough permission and prevented Johannes from
changing the site earlier.

> Thanks and cheers
> Lusy
Best Regards,