[WikiCaretakers] Increase cookie login time

Paul Hänsch paul at fsfe.org
Wed Jun 14 16:25:35 CEST 2017

On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 01:18:04PM +0000, Max Mehl wrote:
> >I would rather consider a time-frame of maybe 12 hours, which should still
> >bring you over the workday.
>
> Okay, at least this would be a first improvement. But I'd love to have a
> longer login period in the long run.

I set it to 12 hours. Incidentally this is fits the example used in the Moin
documentation. It also seems that Moin is indeed able to provide a login
cookie (next to the session cookie). The reason this is not offered in the
login form, might be related to the fact, that we are using ldap logins, not
native MoinMoin logins.

However, in your user settings, under Preferences you can find a checkbox
named "Remember login information". This could be what you are looking for.

If you want to try this out, please let us know if it works.

--
Paul Hänsch                     █▉            Webmaster, System-Hacker
                              █▉█▉█▉