[WikiCaretakers] How to subscribe to the wiki calendar?

Tue Jan 31 19:02:27 CET 2017

On 01/31/2017 12:21 AM, Johannes Zarl-Zierl wrote:
> Hi Erik,
>

> On Montag, 30. Jänner 2017 23:29:51 CET Erik Albers wrote:
>> maybe a stupid question, but there is no stupid question, right? So, I
>> wonder how can I subscribe the wiki calendar with my Mail-client
>> (Thunderbird)? I didn't find it ...
>
> I'm afraid my answer is stupid: you can't.
> AFAIK there's no ical export of the calendar data.
>
> Greetings from Linz,
>   Johannes
What you can use is the following link:

webcal://fsfe.org/events/events.en.ics

There you can find most (but unfortunately not all) events.
E.g. while we have an event for Rhein/Main in both calendars we don't
have the Linz meeting in the webcal calendar above and FOSDEM is only on
Saturday in the calendar above.

While the calendar above is global FSFE it might be a good idea to have
a regional calendar. The coordinator of Rehin/Main (guido) mentioned
this. An example where this used to be in place is openstreetbugs.org.
But seems openstreetbugs is deprecated and discontinued. Note sure if
you can still find the calendar.

Best Regards,
Thomas