[WikiCaretakers] Wiki Sprint 2017?

Paul Hänsch paul at fsfe.org
Thu Feb 9 16:22:17 CET 2017

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 10:45:05PM +0100, Johannes Zarl-Zierl wrote:
> Now might be a good time to plan for the annual wiki sprint 2017. Also, FOSDEM
> is just around the corner. While I personally cannot be there this year, it's
> still an opportunity to think about our plans for the wiki caretakers
> initiative.

I have set up a page with ToDo items:
http://wiki.fsfe.org/Teams/WikiCaretakers/Sprint2017

> Dear potential participants: From my perspective, April is probably a good
> time for a Spring cleaning. How about you?
>
> Last year we didn't really have an end date. While not strictly necessary, I
> guess declaring a "Improve the wiki month" could potentially help with
> motivation. Any thoughts on that?

Agreed.

> And most importantly: Any ideas on how we can/should announce the wiki sprint
> to maximise participation?

Breaking everything seems to have yielded some interest last time ;-)

I believe there is some "Message of the day" function in the wiki. A kind of
big red box on top of all wiki pages. To regular wiki users this is probably
going to have the highest visibility. Before turning this on, we should have
some ressources to link to, like "How to participate", "Whom to talk to", "What
to do", etc.

--
Paul Hänsch                     █▉            Webmaster, System-Hacker
                              █▉█▉█▉