[WikiCaretakers] Fellowship Election moved

Erik Albers eal at fsfe.org
Mon Apr 3 21:00:04 CEST 2017

Hi Thomas,

On 01.04.2017 16:36, Thomas Doczkal wrote:
> On 04/01/2017 02:30 PM, Erik Albers wrote:
>> Hi Wikicaretakers,
>>
>> thank you very much for taking care of the wiki right now.
>>
>> I see you moved https://wiki.fsfe.org/Migrated/FellowshipElection_2017 to
>> https://wiki.fsfe.org/Activities/Election/FellowshipElection_2017
> That's correct.
>>
>> Can you please make a forward to this page then?
> No. /Migrated/ will be empty soon and we should get rid of this Links as
> soon as possible.

I am absolutely in favor of getting rid of /Migrated/, but I think we should
handle this transition with forwards to the "real" pages. There might be a ton
of external links to wiki-pages of FSFE that now lead to empty pages.

>> Now the latest news item links to the old version and people find an empty
>> page ...
>>
> The latest news Item (April) is ready for proofreading but so far no one
> has committed another language but english.
>
> I have just fixed the english version.
>
> https://trac.fsfe.org/fsfe-web/changeset/35248

thank you very much. However, we are talking about two different things. You
relate to the newsletter and I was talking about the now latest news-item on
our homepage. "Fellowship elections 2017 with eight candidates"

I now fixed it, but the whole weekend it was linking to /Migrated/ and
therewith to an empty page...

That is why I mean there should be forwards to the "new" pages instead of
presenting empty pages.

Thanks,
   Erik

--
No one shall ever be forced to use non-free software
Erik Albers | Free Software Foundation Europe