[WikiCaretakers] Conclusions? [was: Wiki - not open to external volunteers?]

Johannes Zarl-Zierl jzarl at fsfe.org
Fri Sep 30 13:20:27 CEST 2016

Hi Jonas,

> What I would love to have, and please give comments on this, is a Teams
> page structured something like this:
>
>     Blah blah introduction
>
>     Topical teams
>     -------------
>     System-hackers   WikiCaretakers   Translators ...
>
>     Country teams
>     -------------
>     Austria      Nordics     France    Germany ...
>
>     Local groups
>     ------------
>     Aberdeen   Bari   Berlin   Athens  Vienna ...

Namespace-wise I would not change anything, i.e. just keep the current
situation:

LocalGroups/Aberdeen LocalGroup/Bari ...
Teams/Austria Teams/Nordics Teams/WikiCaretakers ...

…but add categories:
Category/CountryTeam Category/TopicalTeam

Then we can just generate the list like we already do with LocalGroups (active
vs. inactive groups).

> There's not so many teams that it's not possible to include them on the
> same page, if it's technically doable.

I would hide inactive local groups in this scheme, though (We can still keep
them on the dedicated LocalGroups page).

> I guess the only issue would be
> how to separate a *Country* team from a *topical* team.

As I said, categories lend themselves to this. It's also possible to use
namespace hierarchies, but that probably makes URLs unnecessaryly long.

  Johannes

--
Johannes Zarl-Zierl
FSFE Gruppe Linz, Team Austria