[WikiCaretakers] Conclusions? [was: Wiki - not open to external volunteers?]

Johannes Zarl-Zierl jzarl at fsfe.org
Fri Sep 30 01:25:48 CEST 2016

Hi Jonas,

On Mittwoch, 28. September 2016 21:01:15 CEST Jonas Oberg wrote:
> Ah, I might have forgotten to say. I agree with making the process
> easier and in the specifications for the new account management
> system, I've included this as a requirement for the first step (we'll
> start looking for an intern to help with writing this in a week or two).

Ah, that's nice to hear ;-)

> The registration form doesn't have a field for referrals, and there's no
> easy way to store this.

Ok. I had imagined that adding a field wasn't a problem. OTOH I know how
complicated some "simple and easy" (from an outsider perspecive) things can
often be ;-)

> We might be able to do something on shorter notice [...] but in order to
> make this reasonable, [we need]   A LIST OF TEAMS :-)
>
> It's on my list to clarify which teams we have and put the information
> about them on the wiki, including getting in touch with the coordinators
> and making sure we and they *know* who the coordinators are.

I guess this is a worthwhile goal even on its own...

> I'd also
> want to create a handbook for coordinators on the wiki.
>
> If someone is interested in some extracurricular activities on helping
> me with this, I'd be happy for any help :-)

I can do some proof-reading and cleanup for the texts, but very probably not
more...

Cheers,
  Johannes

--