[WikiCaretakers] Wiki - not open to external volunteers?

Hugo Roy hugo at fsfe.org
Sat Sep 17 20:41:16 CEST 2016

↪ Jonas Oberg, septembre 17, 2016 6:00 :
> The alternative is to not require a login to edit.

Not necessarily. Can't we consider the wiki a special case? Why does the
subscription to the wiki necessarily need to be validated by a
coordinator, etc.?

The way I see it, the log in is not the problem.

The problem is, there's no easy and open way to subscribe to the wiki if
you're not a paying supporter of FSFE. That is IMHO a very high bar and
I don't really see why we would *deter* people from contributing to our
wiki. Of course, there's always the vandalism problem, but it can be mitigated.