[WikiCaretakers] Wiki - not open to external volunteers?

Johannes Zarl-Zierl jzarl at fsfe.org
Sat Sep 17 12:39:41 CEST 2016

Hello Hugo,

[CCing wikicaretakers]

On Samstag, 17. September 2016 08:00:11 CEST Hugo Roy wrote:
> I couldn't find any information on how to contribute to the FSFE wiki if
> I can't already login.
>
> The further I could get were these pages:
>
>     https://wiki.fsfe.org/TechDocs/Wiki/NewUserGuide
>     https://wiki.fsfe.org/Migrated/UserGuide#Volunteer_accounts
>
> None of them actually describe how to join in and start contributing to
> the wiki.

The correct page is a little hard to find:

https://wiki.fsfe.org/TechDocs/AccountCreation

We should eventually add a link to it on the page [TechDocs/Wiki] and also on
[TechDocs/FellowshipServices].
However, the information in TechDocs/AccountCreation is not entirely correct
and/or not yet properly announce to coordinators.

Jonas should know more about how the account creation is intended to work for
non-members. If the steps in [TechDocs/AccountCreation] are already finalized,
they should be communicated to coordinators@ IMO.

> 1. What's our current policy on allowing external contributions to our
> wiki? Are we afraid of opening it up, if so, why?

AFAIK, the new policy is: the wiki is open for (registered) external
contributors.

> 2. If the current policy is to allow external contributions: where's the
> page to subscribe?

See [TechDocs/AccountCreation] and https://fsfe.org/fellowship/ams/
register.php?ams=register

Cheers,